Mercantile Center is the premier mixed-use
property in downtown Worcester.
It is comprised of two best-in-class office towers at 100 and 120 Front Street containing 624,800 square feet of office and retail space, and a 1,647 space structured parking garage.
The Property is owned and operated by Franklin Realty Advisors, majority member interest holder and developer of Mercantile Center. Franklin Realty Advisors has:
- Fully renovated and leased 250,000 SF of space, since acquiring the property
- Included in the above is 92,300 SF of space leased to UMass Memorial Health Care
- Completed building façade improvements and entirely renovated the main lobbies of both buildings to a level yet unseen in Worcester
- Made over $5 million in capital repairs to Mercantile Center Garage
Mercantile Center is part of CitySquare – a $565 million multi-phased project in the heart of Downtown Worcester and one of the largest public-private development projects in the Commonwealth outside of the Boston area.
- More than $25 million in site infrastructure invested by the current developer, the City of Worcester and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- One Mercantile, a $70 million, 214,000 SF LEED Silver office building and renovated 860-car parking garage (1)
- Saint Vincent Hospital’s $30 million, 66,000 SF Cancer and Wellness Center (2)
- A $33 million, 170 room AC Hotel by Marriott, including a new restaurant on the ground level (3)
- A $35 million, 550 space underground parking garage funded and constructed by the city (4)
- A $90 million, 365-unit residential development with 479 parking spaces and approximately 13,000 SF of ground floor retail (5)
Near Mercantile Center and CitySquare are:
- DCU Center (6)
- Quinsigamond Community College’s downtown campus (7)
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences’ downtown campus (8)
- Worcester Red Sox Polar Park (9)
Mercantile Center is part of the Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District (the BID), a 78-acre area in the heart of the city, which is home to unique cultural destinations and entertainment venues, as well as a diverse range of employers, residential buildings, health care facilities, and social services. Each year, dozens of events, festivals, and programs in the BID help create vibrant spaces and opportunities to engage in the city’s culture.
Franklin Realty Advisors LLC
100 Front Street, Suite C207
Worcester, MA 01608
36 Washington Street, Suite 390
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
Franklin Realty Advisors LLC is a regional real estate development, commercial property management, and advisory firm headquartered in Wellesley, Massachusetts with specific expertise in public/private partnerships and historic preservation projects throughout the northeast region of the United States.
The firm’s activities have included a broad range of real estate projects including:
- Office Buildings
- Hotel and Conference Facilities
- Residential Buildings and Subdivisions
- Industrial and Business Parks
- Retail Centers
- Mixed-Use Entertainment Projects
- Parking Garages
For more than three decades, the firm and its affiliates have developed, acquired and/or managed more than $750 million of real estate projects throughout the United States. The firm’s partner and client list includes Fortune 100 corporations, financial institutions, pension advisors, investment banking firms, governmental entities, and investment partnerships. As a result of working with this diverse array of partners and clients, the firm is capable of meeting the most demanding standards of service and accountability.
Franklin Realty has acquired, developed, operated and sold over $100 million worth of commercial real estate in Worcester, including the development of the current 55,000 SF Reliant Medical Clinic on Gold Star Boulevard, Chestnut Place, a 222,000 SF office complex, 300 and 385 Grove Street, two medical office buildings and Worcester Business Center, a 280,000 SF suburban office building that was redeveloped and leased.